Thursday, June 4, 2009

Choices

So today there is a PTA Meeting at 3:30pm at my daughter's school. Of course my youngest, JoJo, is still sick. To tell the truth, I'm still not feeling very well either. This is the last meeting of the school year so there will be elections for new officers, etc. I am determined to get there this afternoon. My Dilemma: I'm not working, and my husband is currently out of work. He's out there today pounding the pavement handing out business cards and resumes. Do I ask him to come home to watch the kids for me?

Here is a little background: growing up, my parents weren't involved at my schools AT ALL. Back then I don't really remember caring about it all that much. Now that I have children, it's a whole different story. I am determined to be involved in their schooling as much as possible. I believe that the teachers can only do so much. It's up to us as parents to make sure that our children get everything they can out of their education. Communication between the parents, teachers and administrators is very important.

I have found it hard to balance my life the way I would like to. There are so many things I want to be involved in, so many things to do at home, and not all that much time! Of course, here I am on the computer (hahaha).

So back to today. Do I bring the boys with me and go to the PTA Meeting? Do I call my husband and ask him to come home and watch the boys so I can go to the PTA Meeting? I don't know....

No comments:

Post a Comment